We welcome your complaints. For consumer type complaints, we offer a mediation service if we believe our intervention might assist in resolving disputes. Patterns of complaints involving the same company or a new issue often help us in allocating our law enforcement resources. We also try to assist members of the public in locating the government agencies that can best address their problems. For this purpose, we refer complaints that do not belong with us to the right agency.
We need complaints in writing. We prefer that you use our complaint form but you are free to put your complaint in a letter. Please remember the following:
- For consumer type complaints, we encourage you to try to resolve the dispute with the company or individual before filing a complaint with us.
- Please state your complaint clearly and concisely. You should enclose copies of all relevant documents.
- Do not send us any original documents.
Please understand that in order to resolve your complaint we may send a copy of your letter to the person or firm you are complaining about.
If you have questions concerning your individual legal rights or responsibilities you should contact a private attorney.
Filing a false complaint is punishable as a Class A Misdemeanor.
Complaint forms are available in Printable PDF. Complaints regarding price gouging (i.e., increased costs of essential items and services) or Internet-related matters (e.g., online transactions, Internet service provider issues, online privacy concerns, website or email complaints, etc.) may also be filed online.
Submit your information online and upload supporting documents. Please see list of Printable PDF forms for complaints on matters not identified below.
- Consumer Frauds Bureau Online Complaint Form
- Internet Bureau Online Complaint Form
- Internet Bureau Online Tip Submission Form
- Price Gouging Complaint Form
- Loan Modification Scam Online Complaint Form
Tenant Harassment Prevention Task Force Complaint Form
If you have been subjected to harassment by your landlord, you can file a complaint with our Tenant Harassment Prevention Task Force by calling 311 or downloading and completing the form below. Send the form and all supporting documentation to the address listed on the form.
- Tenant Harassment Prevention Task Force Complaint Form [English]
- Tenant Harassment Prevention Task Force Complaint Form [Spanish Version]
Printable PDF Forms
Please download and print the form you need. Send the form and all supporting documentation to the address listed on the form.
- Antitrust Bureau Complaint Form English PDF
- Charities Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Civil Rights Bureau Complaint Forms English PDF | [Spanish Version] | Tagalog Version
- Consumer Frauds Bureau Complaint Forms (General - Including Regional Office Forms)
- Rent Security Complaint Forms English PDF | [Spanish Version]
- Criminal Enforcement and Financial Crimes Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Environmental Protection Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Fast Food Worker Complaint Form PDF | [Spanish Version]
- Health Care Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Internet Bureau Complaint Form PDF or Online
- Investor Protection & Securities Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Labor Bureau Complaint Forms English PDF | [Spanish Version]
- Lemon Law, Request For Arbitration Forms
- Medicaid Fraud Control Unit Comments Online Form PDF
- Public Integrity Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Real Estate Finance Bureau Complaint Form PDF
- Security Breach Reporting Form PDF
- Taxpayer Protection Bureau Complaint form PDF
For Adobe PDF files you can download Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems.